Saving The Best For Last
Rare Rolls offered as the day winds down in Houston
Andy Bolig - March 22, 2014 10:17 AM
You might say that Mecum has saved one of the best till the end of the day with this 1932 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington Limousine, Lot F200.1.
Of the 1,680 Phantom II's built, this is one of only 125 that were left-hand drive. The car is serial numbered 251 AJS and the rebuilt 7.7 Liter inline six cylinder engine carries motor number E55B.
The car rides on a 150 inch wheelbase with a Masons Black, coachbuilt exterior by Brewster & Co. with a Black leather driver’s compartment while the passengers ride in style in a Beige West of England wool interior that has been completely restored per marque specialists.
Restoration was simplified due to the car’s known provenance, since new, where it was delivered on Christmas Eve 1932 to Mrs. R Waverly Smith of New York City. The car will be offered at Mecum’s Houston auction, on April 10-12, 2014 and is scheduled to roll across the block Friday at 4:50PM.
For Your Information:
- Left hand drive Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington Limousine
- Coachwork by Brewster & Co.
- 1 of 125 left hand drive Phantom II's built
- 1,680 Phantom II's built
- Serial No. 251 AJS
- Motor No. E55B
- 150 inch wheelbase
- Rebuilt 7.7 Liter inline six cylinder engine
- Cast iron block with aluminum crank case
- 4-speed transmission, single carburetor
- Masons Black exterior
- Black leather driver's compartment
- Beige West of England wool interior
- Complete interior upholstery restoration per marque specialists
- Known history from new
- Tool kit included
- Delivered on Christmas Eve 1932 to Mrs. R Waverly Smith of New York City