2015 Corvette Z06 pricing released
Coupe starts at $78,995
Eric Kaminsky - August 22, 2014 09:05 AM
2015 Corvette Z06General Motors
If you want to get your hands on what Chevrolet is calling “the most powerful and technologically advanced Corvette” in the marque’s history, you’ll need a good sized bank account.
Prices start at $78,995 for the coupe and $83,995 for the convertible, before adding optional performance and appearance packages. The car will be available in early 2015.
The new Z06 features a stronger aluminum frame than previous models; an all-new 6.2L supercharged V-8 rated at 650hp and producing 650 lbs-ft of torque; and performance-enhancing aerodynamic packages. The engine utilizes the same technologies found in the Corvette Stingray: direct injection, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable vale timing. The Z06 will also take advantage of new multi-speed transmissions.
Z06 models are offered in 1LZ, 2LZ and 3LZ trims. A range of available features enables customers to tailor the look and feel of their Z06, including:
- Premium Package with leather-wrapped interior
- Aero-enhancing carbon fiber ground effects package
- Performance Data Recorder and navigation
- Competition sport seats offered in leather or sueded microfiber
- Carbon fiber interior trim and carbon fiber convertible tonneau cover inserts
- Visible carbon fiber roof panel (Coupe)
- Tintcoat exterior colors, several available wheel finishes and several available brake caliper colors.
The Z06 will offer three increasing levels of aerodynamic downforce:
- The standard Z06 features a front splitter, spats around the front wheel openings, a unique carbon-fiber hood with a larger vent, and an aggressive rear spoiler.
- Optional carbon-fiber aero package ($2,995 extra) – in either carbon flash paint or a visible carbon-fiber finish – adds a carbon-fiber front splitter with aviation-style winglets, carbon fiber rocker panels, and a larger rear spoiler with a fixed wickerbill, which combine to create true aerodynamic downforce. Its design draws on lessons learned from the Corvette Racing program.
- Optional Z07 package ($7,995 etxra) adds larger winglets to the front splitter, along with an adjustable, see-through center section on the rear spoiler for track use. With this package, the Corvette Z06 delivers the most aerodynamic downforce of any production car GM has tested. It includes Michelin Pilot Super Sport cup tires.
Drivers can monitor the Z06’s performance without taking their eyes off the road via a standard color head-up display that, among the range of performance readouts, displays a g-meter in Track mode.
The Z06 also offers the award-winning, industry-first Performance Data Recorder – or PDR – which enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track. The racing-derived system is included with the available navigation system.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination charges but excludes tax, title, license, optional equipment and dealer fees.
More information is available on the company website, www.chevrolet.com